Gibraltar Local Disability Movement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gibraltar Local Disability Movement

Gibraltar Local Disability Movement with news and info on Disability

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition on 31st October 2006

Go down 
AuthorMessage
admin
Admin
admin

Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition on 31st October 2006 Empty
PostSubject: Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition on 31st October 2006   Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition on 31st October 2006 EmptySun Mar 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition, Mrs Tonie Beiso this week threw down the gauntlet in the following open letter to Yvette del Agua:

If Yvette DelAgua has what it takes to tell the truth, can she please give date when Mrs. TONIE Beiso went to U.K. for Medical Treatment for three (3) weeks and also what sort of appliances was bought for her son WARREN.

The Disability Society, of which I am a member, have asked her for a Public debate I also want her to come forward and discuss the concerns of the crisis within Social Services Agency and the care of our Handicapped/Unable and their families.

On Sunday 29th October 2006 at approximately 2.50 pm, I was approached by a mother at Safeway Petrol Station and informed me that she had had to go to the U.K. for three(3) weeks to accompany her brother who is ill and needed Medical Treatment. This lady has a wheelchair bound son in his early 20’s and therefore could not be left on his own as he needs some assistance, so Social Services provided a Carer from the Dr.Giraldi Home in this young man’s home to look after him. After that this lady went on a cruise for three(3) weeks and was also given the care at home. This young man used to work in St.Bernadette’s O.T. School/Centre. Finally I will quote their names as this lady told me to do so, their names being Mrs. Odilia Turnock and Mr. Mathew Turnock.

I am only asking for one(1) hour a week for my son, who is Severely Handicapped, at Home and in his own environment and yet I have been refused on two(2) occasions by Yvette DelAgua. How come that some parents are given what care they need and yet most of us are blatantly denied or refused and forced to go into even further hardship.

Yvette DelAgua even has the audacity to publicly state that Mr. Joe Bossano is using the information I passed on to him for his own Political gain, which coming from her I am not surprised she thinks this way, but the truth of the matter is that at least he listens to us and genuinely tries to help our children and families. No one is blaming you that our children were Born Handicapped it is God’s wish, but the service we are getting from Social Services CARE Agency namely Isabella Tosso and Marie Gomez has much to be desired.

Yvette DelAgua has quite often told me to put every complaint in writing and she would look into the issues. Once I have done so she goes Public calling me a Liar and Fabricator of my complaints. Human Resources have copies of all my correspondence as has Mr. Peter Caruana of I have no joy to date, and would further add that all the issues raised are neither ALLEGATIONS ACCUSATIONS NOR HEARSAY (Yvette DelAgua’s favourite words)they are facts whether Isabella Tosso, Marie Gomez or herself like it or not and please do not think for a moment that I will be intimidated by Isabella Tosso, Marie Gomez or yourself.

As a recently widowed mother who has to defend and fight for my Severely Handicapped son as he cannot fend nor voice his needs, he depends on his sole survivor and fighter for his rights and that of all the Handicapped in general.

Other mothers have not gone public for the sole reason of the dictatorial and inhumane way I have been treated by you, your CEO Isabella Tosso and especially Marie Gomez, but maybe now that the truth is out from my part, they will come forward without any fear of being victimized.

Do not think for a moment that your Public Statement has got me down, quite the contrary, as has happened with the Senior Staff of Social Services “Care” Agency, who some are no longer working in the Agency or some are Off Sick with Depression, Anxiety, Stress and Panic Attacks for many months now under your so call Social Services “Care” Agency. These are facts as I am sure you can check on the Medical Certificates issued and signed by a Professional Doctor, unless your CEO Isabella Tosso has not passed this information to you.

I hope you will now Publicly provide me with a venue, time and date to publicly discuss all the serious concerns and allegations the parents have and of which you are not willing for the general public to find out what is going on behind the scenes.

It is not only our children who are Handicapped/Unable by birth, but now the so called SSCA have Disabled the parents if they speak out, that is except me TONIE Beiso.

After the eleven years that you were elected as Minister, I would have expected that you knew how to spell my name and also whoever knows me, knows that my son’s name is WARREN, which leads me think that after so many years no one from SSCA Senior Management were able to inform you of our Correct names, which goes to show the lack of “Professional” interest and “Contact” they have with their clients.
Back to top Go down
http://www.disability.gi/

Following Government claims that she had distorted the facts both in interviews with VOX and the leader of the opposition on 31st October 2006
Page 1 of 1